Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Favorite Items for Baby!


        


Being first time parents, we really had no idea what we would end up really needing or using and what would just end up taking up space. These items are ones that I would suggest for any new parent and ones that we get the most use out of and Evan gets the most enjoyment out of.  :)

1. Swing
- Our swing is one with a mobile that turns, music, nature sounds, volume control and three different swing modes. My favorite feature is that it plugs into the wall instead of being ran by batteries. This was a gift from our cousin and I love it. I hardly ever put him down if I don't have to, but sometimes the only things that makes Evan happy is swinging in his swing.

2. Car Seat Cover
- This is a must have for cold weather. The one we have is the BabiesRUs brand. I liked it because it is fitted and stretched over the car seat without having to remove anything to put it on and take it off. I have a car seat for my vehicle and my husband has one for his, that way we don't have to mess with switching anything back and forth. This car seat cover is so easy to put on whichever car seat we are using and it keeps baby nice and warm.

3. Play Mat
- These are great for stimulating baby. Evan loves to lay under the arches and watch the lights flash and hit the toys that dangle. I ordered this off of Walmart.com and it was about $65. Everything you see pictures]d came with it, it is well worth the money. It has a mode that plays constant music and nature sounds, just music, just nature or a mode where baby can activate it himself while playing. It also has two volume settings. I absolutely love this. It has got him so excited every time he uses it and he has really started using his hands and reaching for things. You can take the arches off and use it as just a play mat and take it with you when you travel. It has little ribbons and things plus loops for toys on the mat as well.
 
4. Rocking Glider Chair
- There is nothing like rocking your baby to sleep. I got that chair from Walmart for about $130. It is comparable to one from BabiesRUs, but this one is a much better price. It comes with a glider stool included. It has pockets on each side for mommy must-haves and it is very comfortable.

5. Board Books
- Your baby is never too young to read to! They like looking at the images and I've read that it helps them learn to communicate. You want to start with board books because as they start to discover their hands, they can reach for the pages as you turn them or to touch the pictures and you don't have to worry about tearing or wrinkling and they wipe clean. I have to read Evan a book several times or read more than one sometimes because he gets fussy if I'm done before he is!
 
6. Stuffed Animal Binky
- We got this as a gift and Evan loves it! He actually hardly ever sucks on binkies but at bed time he rubs his face against his giraffe and if he does get fussy he finds whatever part of him he can and puts it in his mouth. He always sucks on his fist, which has become his way of self-soothing but there is just something about his Giraffe binky that he loves.



What are some of your favorite baby items that you would suggest to new moms? Share them in the comments below! :)

1 comment:

  1. I like every thing but the pacifier, the giraffe is cute though. I just personally don't like pacifiers. We have a similar chair and love it. It doesn't help now but with most of the infant car seat carriers you can order an extra base so you only have to have one seat but can put the bases in separate cars. I really like that your cover has a bear on it, I have not seen that kind before.

    ReplyDelete