Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Not-So-Green Thumb



When I got home from work today, I noticed my plant came back up! Every year I think I have killed this plant and every year it keeps coming back. Bigger and more beautiful each time. I always think I've killed it because when the seasons over and it starts to wither, it looks so unhealthy I'm sure theres no way it will ever come back. I go every year on Mothers Day to buy flowers with my mom and I just buy what I think is pretty. I pay no attention to what can be in sunshine or not or anything important like that. (Thank goodness my mom knows what shes doing and has the greenest of thumbs!) I  have a hard time remembering to water my poor flowers. My hanging plants never stand a chance for long. Its sad really. So naturally I never expect that plant to come back each year. But it keeps proving me wrong.  I kind of love it for that.  I wish I could remember what its called! I had the little label stuck in the ground next to it when we first did our landscaping but it has since disappeared. See? I'm not a good gardener by any means!

If you have any idea what it is, please comment and let me know!

Oh, and look at the cute shoes I wore today and my new cute nail polish...

Today was a good day! How was yours??



3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl! The plant looks like a Hosta. And it should come back year after year. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right! I remember now :) thanks!! Love you too <3

      Delete
  2. Hostas are pretty hard to kill. It might just be the perfect plant for you. This website http://www.greenscapes.org/Plants has a list of low maintenance plants. The first one under perennials (come up every year) is supposed to attract butterflies!

    ReplyDelete