Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crochet Away


When my husband and I first started trying to have a baby 3 years ago, we thought it would happen rather quickly. (It has yet to happen.) To kind of commemorate the occasion, I started crocheting a baby blanket. It wasn't the first blanket I've crocheted but it is by far the best. I put alot of love into this one.


I crocheted all of the grey to the size of blanket I wanted and then I trimmed it in the green. Now, the elephants aren't crocheted even though they look like it.


I found the elephants style I wanted online, printed it off, traced it on the plastic, cut it out and wrapped the yarn around them. I reinforced all the edges with the same colored yarn. There's little square holes in the plastic so I got a big plastic yarn needle and 'sewed' around all the edges.

I wrote about our troubles conceiving here and we are still hopeful it will happen, in God's time. :)



Oh & PS: Crochet does not look like it should be spelled crocheted when used as a verb. But I spell checked it and it said it was right so I believe it. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment