Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How to Make a Keepsake Box


I took a box that I wasn't using and decided to make it a keepsake box for our baby. I like to scrapbook, but I don't always stay on top of doing it. So I wanted a box that I can put things in for the time being like doctors appointment cards, the at home pregnancy tests I took etc. 

The taping off I did for the chevron print was the most time consuming part of the whole project. But even that part didn't take a whole lot of time. I taped it off, painted and clear coated all in one evening. The blue and white paint needed two coats but the grey only needed one and it dried rather quickly. I waited for the clear coat to dry completely before I put the lid on and added the stickers.

I love this box and can't wait to fill it up with all of Evan's keepsakes. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a great way to use Chevron!!

    Thank you for linking up to the Lovin' my Weekend blog hop!

    ReplyDelete