Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Not so little anymore...


This is my only sister, Chelsea. My baby sister. Only she isn't a baby anymore. I can't wrap my mind around that. She is seven years younger than me. And while we fought like enemies at times and never at any point were interested in the same things at the same time, I love her more than she knows.


That little girl you saw up there turns 18 today.
18!!
Where has the time gone?


Shes all grown up. I feel like I blinked and missed out on cherishing as much of her childhood as I could. As much of a happy day as this is, I can't help but be a little sad. And if I'm feeling this way, I can only imagine how my parents must feel!


Dear Chelsea,
I know you don't need your big sister like you used to but I want you to know that no matter how old you get, you will always be my baby sister. I am proud of you and the young woman you have become. You have the biggest heart for the Lord and for others. People should take note. I may not tell you that enough but I mean it. I hope this birthday is everything you hope it to be and more. I love you, sissy.

P.S.
The older you get,
the older you are making the rest of us.
So quit it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment