Saturday, July 7, 2012

Jewelry Box Makeover


 I've had this old jewelry box since I was in high school. It hasn't been used for jewelry since, just held a bunch of random things. In my effort to rid myself of things that I don't use, I gave this to a friend. But first I wanted to make it special for her.

~~~~~~~~~~


 Before, it was pretty plain-jane. And wouldn't have matched her furniture in her room being the wrong colored wood.


 So I purchased some paint from Home Depot that had both primer and paint in one. It took two coats of paint and a few touch ups here and there.


Finally, I stenciled on a design I found at Crafts 2000, let it dry and then painted Shellac clear coat all over. While it says clear, it left the box looking a little more antique by giving the off-white paint an older look. I think it turned out wonderfully and I think my friend loved it. :)


2 comments:

  1. GREAT job Lyndsay! I love it and what a special gift for your friend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for a friend. A little piece of you! I'm just getting my blog started and would appreciate feedback on my mini jewelry box makeover. http://fauxfae.blogspot.com/2012/10/jewelry-box-upcycle.html Thanks!

    ReplyDelete