Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Highway Prayers


The past week or so has been a rough one. It just seemed like one let down, scary decision or worry after another. I tend to bottle things up inside and get really down. Sometimes I forget that I can give it all to the Lord and he will help lead me on the path he made for me. Usually on my morning drive to work, I will pray. I don't know why, but it seems like the only time I truly feel alone with God. Just me on the highway with God in the passenger seat holding the map.
Today, while on my way to work I passed a wreck that looked pretty bad. I started my prayer this morning for those involved in the accident, prayed about everything else I had on my heart and before I knew it I was at work. I ended up having a really great day, nothing in particular happened but I just felt at peace. Sometimes I make things seem so much bigger than they are when I worry and worry when really all I have to do is talk to the Lord and He makes every worry seem like time wasted, because He's had it under control the whole time.


I thought I would share some bible versus
that touched my heart today:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.




1 comment:

  1. Great blog Lyndsay. That is my prayer time to. going to and coming home from work.

    ReplyDelete